How will 2SV be affected if I change my username or password?
If you change your password, 2SV will not be affected. If you change your username, you will be required to deactivate 2SV.
To deactivate 2SV:
- Go to scotiabank.com and select the Sign In button
- Select Need help signing in?
- Select I lost my 2-step verification (2SV) device
- Enter your username or card number
- Correctly answer the security questions
- Confirm your device
Next, you will need to activate 2SV again before you can continue online banking on your mobile app or untrusted device.
Last updated April 13, 2022
Why is 2-step verification (2SV) required for mobile and online banking?
Why does my mobile device need screen lock to use 2-step verification (2SV)?
What happens when I register for 2SV on my mobile device, delete the Scotiabank app, and then try to sign in from an untrusted device?
What if I want to switch my mobile device that I receive 2SV push notifications on?