What is a dispute?
A dispute is a transaction you believe is incorrect, such as:
- Transactions you have not authorized
- Charges processed for the wrong amount
- Being charged twice for one purchase
- Being charged for an item you didn’t purchase
- Failing to receive a refund
- Merchandise or services not received
- Merchandise received is not as described
- Merchandise received is counterfeit
- You have cancelled a service and are still being charged
It’s best to start by trying to resolve the issue with the merchant directly, prior to initiating a dispute.
Last updated September 2, 2020