What do I do if my card was lost or stolen?
Please call us as soon as possible so we can help:
- 416-701-7200 (Greater Toronto/outside Canada and USA, call collect)
- 1-866-267-4726 (Relay services for Deaf, deafened, and hard of hearing customers)
You can also temporarily lock your Visa or Amex credit card, or personal line of credit Visa access card, through the Scotiabank mobile app to prevent unauthorized purchases.
To lock or unlock your Visa or Amex card in the app:
- From the app’s home screen, select your credit card or line of credit account
- Select Manage
- Select Lock or Unlock card
- Use the toggle to lock or unlock your card
Locking your card means that all new purchases, cash advances, or other transactions, either online or in person, will be declined. If you find the card, you can also unlock it from the app or use it with the correct PIN at an ABM or merchant, and then continue using it as usual.
If your chequing account, savings account, debit card, or Mastercard is lost or stolen, please call us or visit one of our branches.