What should I do if I’m no longer receiving push notifications on my device?
Please try these trouble shooting tips if you are no longer receiving push notifications:
Make sure push notifications are enabled for the Scotiabank mobile app in your device’s settings.
Check that your device is connected to WiFi or mobile data.
Check if your device is set to Do Not Disturb or Focus mode. If it is:
- Turn it off, or
- Add the Scotia app to the list of apps allowed to send notifications
You can also check your device’s notification centre where you will see a list of recent notifications. Please check your device settings for how to access your notification centre.
If you’ve recently removed and reinstalled the Scotiabank app on your primary device, you will also need to remove 2SV.
To remove 2SV:
- Go to scotiabank.com and select the Sign in button
- Select Need help signing in?
- Select I lost my 2-step verification (2SV) device
- Enter your username or card number
- Correctly answer the security questions
- Confirm your device
To continue, please download the latest Scotia app (from the App Store or Google Play) again and set up 2SV to sign in from an untrusted device. You should then be able to sign in to online banking.