Why was my debit card declined?
A debit card may be declined for many reasons, including:
- Daily or weekly transaction limit has been reached
- The account doesn’t have enough funds available (e.g. a recent deposit may be on hold)
- Card details or PIN were entered incorrectly
- New or replacement card isn’t activated yet
- Card has been closed, cancelled, or is expired
- Card is temporarily blocked (e.g. you reported your card as lost or stolen, or there’s been unusual purchasing activity)
To review your available funds:
- From your Accounts page, select your banking account
- Under Account Activity, review available balance
To review your daily and weekly transaction limits:
- From your Accounts page, select Manage My Accounts
- Go to Profile and select Manage ScotiaCard & Account Access
- Go to Fastcash account setting & ScotiaCard limits to see your limits
If you have the available funds and haven’t reached any transaction limits, please call the number on the back of your card for support. If you’re having issues with your PIN, please visit your closest branch. To replace your ScotiaCard, you can visit your closest branch or request a replacement through online banking.