How do I withdraw money from my Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)?
To make a withdrawal from your TFSA:
- From your Accounts page, select your TFSA
- Go to Account Details and select TFSA Withdrawal
- Choose the account you want to transfer funds to
- Enter the amount of your withdrawal
- Select Continue to confirm the details
In general, you can withdraw money from your TFSA at any time, and the amount you withdraw can be put back in your TFSA starting the following year without impacting your contribution room.
However, some specific product restrictions, like GIC maturity dates, can apply and may impact this general rule.