How do I set up a Scotia SelectPay installment plan and how does it work?
You can convert purchases during checkout (in-store or online) at a participating merchant or after purchase using the Scotia mobile app or Scotia online banking.
To set up a Scotia SelectPay plan after you buy something:
- Select an eligible Scotiabank Visa credit card, then the Additional services tab, followed by Scotia SelectPay
- Select the Eligible purchases tab
- Select an eligible purchase you’d like to convert into an installment plan
- Pick a plan (for example, choose 3, 6, or 12 months and review the fee that applies, noting that the term lengths offered may vary by merchant)
- Read and agree to the SelectPay Installment Plan Terms and Conditions
- Select the button to enrol
Allow 1 to 3 business days for your installment plan to get posted to your account.
To set up a SelectPay installment plan during an in-store or online checkout with participating merchants:
- When using your eligible Scotiabank Visa credit card to pay for your purchase with a participating merchant, you can convert your eligible purchase into monthly installment payments by choosing a Scotia SelectPay installment plan from the available options (currently 3, 6, or 12-month plans)
- Review and agree to the SelectPay Installment Plan Terms and Conditions
- Your receipt will include your installment plan details
Once your transaction is posted to your eligible Scotiabank credit card account (this may take 3 to 5 business days), you can sign in to online banking to see your plan status and more details.
Can I convert my balance transfer, cash advance, or credit card balance to an installment plan?
What is a Scotia SelectPay installment plan?
Can I enrol a purchase that’s posted as separate transactions into an installment plan?
How can I find my Scotia SelectPay Installment Plan information on my statement?