Can I turn off 2-step verification once I’ve set it up?
If you’ve already activated 2-step verification, you can only deactivate it if your mobile phone is lost or stolen. Once you have a new mobile phone, you’ll need to activate 2-step verification again in order to access your account on that device.
To deactivate 2SV on your lost or stolen mobile phone:
- Go to scotiabank.com and select the Sign In button
- Select Need help signing in?
- Select the option I don’t have my 2SV device
- Enter your username or card number
- Correctly answer the security questions
- Confirm your device
Once you have a new mobile phone, you can sign in to the Scotiabank app to activate 2SV again.
If you don’t have a new phone or you’re having any issues accessing your account, please give us a call at 1-800-472-68421-800-472-6842 so we can help.