What should I do if I’m no longer receiving push notifications on my device?
Please try these troubleshooting tips if you're no longer receiving push notifications:
- Make sure push notifications are enabled for the Scotiabank mobile app in your device’s settings
- Check that your device is connected to WiFi or mobile data
- Check if your device is set to Do Not Disturb or Focus mode. If it is, turn it off, or add the Scotia app to the list of apps allowed to send notifications
You can also check your device’s notification centre where you'll see a list of recent notifications. Please check your device settings for how to access your notification centre.
If you’ve recently removed and reinstalled the Scotiabank app on your primary device, you'll also need to remove 2SV.
To remove 2SV:
- Go to scotiabank.com and select the Sign in button
- Select Need help signing in?
- Select I lost my 2-step verification (2SV) device
- Enter your username or card number
- Correctly answer the security questions
- Confirm your device
To continue, download the latest Scotia app again and set up 2SV to sign in from an untrusted device. You should then be able to sign in to online banking.
For demos on how you can activate, deactivate, and sign in with 2SV, visit our Digital Banking Guides.
How will 2SV be affected if I change my username or password?
How do I set up 2-step verification again if my mobile device is lost, stolen, or I get a new device?
What if I want to switch my mobile device that I receive 2SV push notifications on?
What happens when I register for 2SV on my mobile device, delete the Scotiabank app, and then try to sign in from an untrusted device?