What is trade date cash?
Trade date cash is the amount of cash in your account, subject to the following:
- Trade date cash includes completed trades that have not yet settled.
- Filled buy orders will reduce trade date cash by the transaction value plus commission.
- Filled sell orders will increase trade date cash by the transaction value minus commission
- Trade date cash does not include any unfilled orders.
- The commission portion of the trade will be adjusted overnight and will not appear in trade date cash in real-time on the day of trade.
Trade date cash also includes any adjustments made to your buying power that don’t appear in your transaction history until the next day. These include same day adjustments for deposits, withdrawals, and manually filled trades.