How do I recognize phishing or email scams?
Some of the most common elements in a phishing or email scam are:
- An authentic-looking website
- Links or attachments
- An exciting false promise (you have won!) or an upsetting false threat (your account will be closed)
- A request for personal banking information including usernames, passwords, credit card numbers or social insurance numbers
- A generic message that is not personalized
- Spelling and grammar errors
Visit our website to find out more about how to protect yourself from phishing scams.
Last updated July 2, 2020