How do I contribute to my Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)?
Before contributing to your TFSA, please double check your TFSA contribution limits for this year to make sure you won’t exceed them. To contribute to your TFSA:
- From your Accounts page, select Transfers
- Select Between Accounts
- Choose the account you want to transfer money from
- Choose the TFSA you want to contribute to, then select your investment option
- Enter the amount of your contribution
- Select Continue to confirm the details
If you don’t see your TFSA when you try to transfer between accounts, try accessing it from the account summary screen. You’ll then be taken to the new Scotia Smart Investor experience to make your transfer.