What happens if my mobile phone is lost or stolen?
If you no longer have access to your mobile phone, you’ll need to deactivate 2-step verification on that phone and set it up again on your new one.
To deactivate 2SV on your lost or stolen mobile phone:
- Go to scotiabank.com and select the Sign In button
- Select Need help signing in?
- Select the option I lost my 2-step verification (2SV) device
- Enter your username or card number
- Correctly answer the security questions
- Confirm your device
Once you have a new mobile phone, you can sign in to the Scotiabank app to activate 2SV again.
If you don’t have a new phone or you’re having any issues accessing your account, please give us a call at 1-800-472-68421-800-472-6842 so we can help.