Beta Terms and Conditions
Please note: Scotiabank is continually working to improve the digital experiences for our customers. Occasionally, we give customers an early opportunity to try new apps or features that are being developed. Currently, we have given some customers early access to a new Scotia Wealth online experience to test and provide feedback. This set of Terms & Conditions is for only those users.
New Scotia Wealth online experience program - Terms & Conditions
The purpose of this pilot is to test and collect feedback from customers about our new wealth web platform (the “Platform”). Your feedback is integral to the Platform’s success as we work towards launching this product for all Canadian customers.
In addition to the Beta Terms & Conditions below, please note that the Terms & Conditions you accepted in the agreement(s) relating to the Scotia Wealth Management® and ScotiaiTRADE® online platform, including but not limited to Scotiabank’s Digital Access Agreement and the Scotia Wealth Management and Scotia iTRADE Online Access Agreement, also apply to your use of the Platform in this pilot.
In these Terms & Conditions, we, our, us means Scotia iTRADE, a division of Scotia Capital Inc. and Scotia Wealth Management which includes but is not limited to ScotiaMcLeod® a division of Scotia Capital Inc., Private Investment Council, a service of 1832 Asset Management L.P., and The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company (Scotiatrust®).
You acknowledge and agree to all of the following Terms & Conditions:
- Your participation in this pilot is voluntary and optional. You may leave the pilot and switch back to using Scotiabank’s current online platform, Scotia OnLine®, at any time. However, if you move between the Platform and Scotia OnLine, your agreement to these Terms & Conditions will remain valid.
- As this is a pilot, some features available in Scotia OnLine may be unavailable when using the Platform and are subject to change at any time. If a particular product or feature is unavailable on the Platform during the pilot, please use Scotia OnLine, (or the Scotia iTRADE mobile app for Scotia iTRADE clients).
- You agree not to disclose features, services, ideas, or other of Scotia Wealth Management’s and Scotia iTRADE’s confidential information that you may access or become aware of during your participation in the pilot to third parties including Scotia Wealth Management’s and Scotia iTRADe’s competitors. You are required to keep this information strictly confidential and guarantee you will not share, provide, give, sell, transfer, assign, market, use, divulge, or otherwise disclose any of the confidential information to any person, firm, corporation, partnership, governmental body, or third party.
- Please note that as we are using new technology on the Platform, there may be longer than usual delays or downtime.
- You may occasionally receive e-mail updates from us regarding the pilot. We will not send you marketing emails unless you have provided consent, or already receive such emails as an existing Scotia Wealth Management or Scotia iTRADE customer.
- By providing feedback, you hereby grant to Scotia Wealth Management and Scotia iTRADE a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable and irrevocable license to use, disclose, copy, and modify your feedback, in whole or in part, for any purpose. However, Scotia Wealth Management and Scotia iTRADE are not obligated to use any such feedback. Should you disclose to Scotia Wealth Management or Scotia iTRADE any unsolicited inventions or ideas including, but not limited to, technology, products, systems and/or services, Scotia Wealth Management and Scotia iTRADE may use such information without restriction. “Feedback” means any input you provide to Scotia Wealth Management or Scotia iTRADE regarding Scotia Wealth Management’s or Scotia iTRADE’s products and/or services, including comments or suggested changes to the platform, and Scotia Wealth Management’s and Scotia iTRADE’s current or future products, and/or services.
- Scotia Wealth Management and Scotia iTRADE reserve the right to modify, suspend, restrict, or extend the pilot, any features of the Platform, or these Terms & Conditions at any time and for any reason in their sole discretion, and without notice. Your continued participation in the pilot or use of the platform signifies your agreement to such changes.
- Scotia Wealth Management and Scotia iTRADE may terminate the pilot and these Terms & Conditions at any time and for any reason without notice.
- Sections 3, 6 and 8 and any Terms & Conditions required for their interpretation shall survive expiration or termination of this pilot or termination of your relationship with Scotia Wealth Management and/or Scotia iTRADE.
Please note that Scotia Wealth Management, Scotia iTRADE and “Scotiabank Members(a)” are not, and will not be, liable in the very unlikely event of damages(b) arising from your use of the platform. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, you hereby release Scotia Wealth Management, Scotia iTRADE and Scotiabank Members of, from, and against any and all of the foregoing.
(a)The Bank of Nova Scotia, its respective successors, assignors, affiliates, employees, agents, officers, directors, service providers and such affiliates, officers, directors or employees and any of their heirs, successors or assigns (collectively, the “Scotiabank Members”).
(b)“Damages” includes loss, damage, or injury to persons or property, including without limitation any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, and any costs or losses, expenses, fees, liabilities, causes of action, suits, proceedings, debts, penalties and demands connected with or in any way arising from use of the beta pilot, your participation in the pilot, or any matter related to these Terms & Conditions, including, without limitation, any acts or omissions of Scotia Wealth Management, Scotia iTRADE or any Scotiabank Member.
You have entered a beta test pilot for Scotia Wealth Management’s and Scotia iTRADE’s new web Platform. In order to participate in this pilot, you must agree to the Beta Terms & Conditions. If you do not wish to participate, please close your browser now.